QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

During lunch hour, customers arrive at a fast-food restaurant at the rate of ...

[复制链接]
admin 发表于 2022-4-9 09:38:53 [显示全部楼层] 回帖奖励 倒序浏览 阅读模式 0 906
During lunch hour, customers arrive at a fast-food restaurant at the rate of 120 customers per hour. The restaurant has one line, with three workers taking food orders at independent service stations. Each worker takes an exponentially distributed amount of time–on average 1 minute–to service a customer. Let Xt denote the number of customers in the restaurant (in line and being serviced) at time t. The process (Xt)t≥0 is a continuous-time Markov chain. Exhibit the generator matrix.

This can be solved as a birth-death process.
We should either look at this as per hour or per minute. I choose to look at it as per minute.
Thus, customers arrive at a rate of 2 every minute.
The transition rates qij for i < j are these "births" that we see as 2 / min.
So q01 = 2 which is the rate at which customers arrive. We have no serviced anyone.
q10 = 1 because there is one person in line and having three cashiers won't speed up or slow down the checkout of the customer.
Meanwhile, q12 = 2 which is still the "birth" rate.
As usual, Qii = −qi
I.e. the diagonals are the negative holding time parameters.
We can keep going. q21 = 2 because with two customers in line we can process them at a rate of 2 customers per minute.
If we continue with this pattern we'll get up to a maximum of 3 customers per minute.

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

官方微博
官方微博
模板大全
模板大全
意见
反馈